Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blue Braided Rug & The Needles, Cannon Beach




I hope you don't think I only paint our living room, but I really love the light that comes in especially in the spring, after not much light in the winter. That's my dad's desk against the wall. I played a bit with the composition to focus on the rug, though. Hope it conveys the warmth of the sun on our floor.

Our family loves Cannon Beach very much and we never tire of visiting it! We were blessed with the chance to take some days there during our Spring Break. I've done several paintings of Haystack Rock there, so I thought it'd be good to do the "Needles", the two large rocks near Haystack (get it? - think about it). The waves weren't just like this in the photos I took, but, hey, I love waves. The gulls were also an insert to make it a bit more interesting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment