Monday, June 7, 2010

Moscow Alleys




Not long ago I went downtown Moscow on a lovely spring evening. The light was great and I wanted to take some shots of Moscow's back streets and alleys. I've started a series of four alley paintings. The top one is behind NSA and the Chamber of Commerce. The middle one (which I did a while back) is between 3rd and 5th streets, and the bottom one is behind Bucer's. I'm working on one more... Why alleys, one might ask? I like the rich variety of colors, textures and shapes - really. Plus they say a lot about a town.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Garfield, I admire and appreciate your art. What would be your suggestion to someone who used to draw but hasn't touched pencil to paper in 18 years? 4 days ago I took out my art tool box, I would like to start again.

    ReplyDelete